Many Americans who serve and have served in the US Armed Forces struggle with alcoholism and addiction. What happens when the people who keep our country safe need saving? How do we fulfil our promise to leave no one behind? We show them there are service members who have been through similar circumstances, who can help them, and who might also need help. This book does just that.
In this new meditation book, service members and veterans who are in recovery share their words of healing and hope in daily meditations. These people are in a class of their own–they know what they experienced, they know how their recovery has been affected by their service, they know how to help themselves and they know how to help each other.
The voices in this book are unique and will resonate with readers, providing insights, thoughts, and feelings only others who have served can understand and relate to. The same can be said of recovery: We look to the person on our left and the person on our right and we leave no one behind.
Topics of discussion
- The power of meditation for those in recovery.
- Opening up the conversation about meditation and its value for military members, veterans, and their families.
- The lack of resources, accessibility, and conversations around recovery for veterans.
- 365 meditations for each day of the year sharing unique and personal experiences of recovery and service.
- Unveiling the stigma of alcoholism in and out of the service.
- Celebrating a community of individuals who have a shared experience of recovery.
- The essential tool of recovery for those who have been in the armed services.