Are you suffering from muscle or joint pain? You might want to take a dive into the wonderful new industry of CBD muscle balm products. The CBD industry is a fairly recent addition to the UK’s health scene, aimed at helping chronic and acute muscle pain sufferers relieve their symptoms naturally.
CBD is an extract derived from cannabis plants known for soothing aches, ridding muscle inflammation, and relaxing your body – all without the need for oral medication or a prescription from your GP. Many choose CBD balm as their chosen pain relief method as it’s a legal and natural alternative to topical pain treatment with a whole host of extra health perks.
With more and more people searching for new ways to treat their aches, pains, and inflammation, the vast majority are turning to CBD muscle balms to cure their ailments. But with the demand for CBD luxury products rising, how can you find the best balm to treat your pains? Here are the best CBD balms to look for in the UK!
Little Green’s CBD Recover Balm
Little Green‘s CBD is a luxury wellness brand focusing on holistic healing through its balms, oils, and CBD candles. With a strong belief in soothing the mind, body, and soul, Little Green’s CBD Recover balm is the perfect product to cool, relax, and re-energise your overworked muscles.
- Branding. Using a sweet and simple design, Little Green’s CBD Recover Balm comes in an easy to open 30ml glass jar with a screw lid. Little Green’s CBD has also partnered with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation focused on global reforestation by planting 1 tree for every Little Green’s CBD product sold, adding to their amazing brand values.
- Ingredients. Little Green’s CBD is proud to be both vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, so you can reap all the benefits with zero guilt. Packed with the finest raw ingredients and natural anti-inflammatories such as jojoba seed oil, ginger root, and Cannabidiol, the Recover Balm will help to target pain and wind your body down ready for another busy day. Along with anti-inflammatories, Recover Balm includes shea butter for a smooth and soft application, while the citrus lemon and ginger root oil create a therapeutic aroma. Little Green’s CBD has a strict zero pesticide policy too, meaning that all their CBD balms are additive and contaminant free.
- Benefits. The product helps to aid muscle tension, aches, everyday stiffness, and promotes healthy, natural pain relief. The balm delivers an instant cooling effect when rubbed into your problem areas, relaxing your muscles and providing them with a well-needed boost of energy. Chronic joint pain, over-exercised muscles, and acute muscle aches can all be successfully soothed with a simple application of this CBD balm.
- CBD content. At a moderate 300MG per 30ml, you’ll find a medium potency.
- Value. Recover Balm is just £27 for a 30ml tub, making it an affordable and best CBD muscle rub on the UK market considering the moderate potency. The balm can be used for both acute muscle issues and everyday use on chronic aches and pains, with a little going a long way.
- Lab testing. All Little Green’s CBD products are manufactured and tested in the UK, meaning they are 100% legal and safe for use. The company uses both in-house and third-party lab testing to ensure its customers receive the highest-quality CBD, so you can rest easy knowing your CBD rub has been tested in the most effective possible ways.
Rain Raincoat High-Strength CBD Rescue Balm
Rain offers premium, organically-grown CBD blended with all natural botanicals. Known for being all organic, cruelty-free, and fully recyclable, Rain’s CBD Rescue Balm offers users a moisturising healing effect for sore joints and irritated skin.
- Branding. Available in a screw-cap tin, this balm is perfect to take on the go in a gym bag or coat pocket. The minimalist chrome tin adds to Rain’s sleek and modern branding.
- Ingredients: Rain Raincoat High-Strength CBD Rescue Balm contains an all-natural botanical blend of almond, coconut, jojoba, and lavender, mixed with vitamin E oils and shea butter, to create a moisturising pain-healing product. Many of the crucial Rescue Balm ingredients offer anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-acne, and anti-bacterial benefits, too.
- Benefits. The Rescue Balm acts as both a CBD muscle recovery rub and a natural moisturiser for your tired and chapped skin. When rubbed onto the affected area, the balm will ease irritated and dry skin, while soothing joint and muscle pain for both acute and chronic sufferers.
- CBD content. Rescue Balm has a high 750mg CBD content. Due to its rich and high concentration, a little can go a long way and should be used sparingly.
- Value: At a very reasonable £45 for a generously sized tub, this balm is the standard price for most UK CBD balms of moderate to high CBD content.
- Lab testing: Phytovista Laboratories are in charge of testing Rain’s Rescue Balm in the UK. You can see the testing results and certificates of the balm and other CBD products from Rain on their products pages for true brand transparency.
Love CBD Balm
Love CBD was one of the first British companies to sell CBD products, such as CBD muscle balm, oil, spray, capsules, and even hemp tea bags to the British public. Established in 2014, Love CBD has been delivering some of the finest CBD products for over 5 years in an attempt to soothe the UK of their muscle, joint, and sleep ailments.
- Branding. Sticking with the all-natural CBD theme, Love CBD uses brown, green, and orange earthy tones on their branding. The balm tub is a clear jar with a wood effect screw on lid – a perfect way to tie in those natural roots and create a friendly, organic feel to their brand and products.
- Ingredients. The Love CBD Balm contains powdered CBD extracts, hemp seed oil, and terpenes, for a cannabis-rich UK CBD muscle rub available in several sizes and potencies. The CBD ingredients are beautifully blended together with skin-loving ingredients such as beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, and rosemary oil, for both intense muscle-relaxing and skin-boosting benefits.
- Benefits. The skin balm is a multi-purpose product that can be used for many issues. The hemp seed oil contains omega-3, which combats skin ageing, acne, hydration, and oil overload for the skin. The cannabis extracts promote muscle relaxation and topical pain relief for overworked bodies and acute pains and aches.
- CBD content. The 10g jar contains 100mg, the 30g jar contains 300mg, and the 100g jar contains 1000mg of CBD – perfect for those wanting a variety of CBD strengths.
- Value. Depending on the size you choose, the price point varies. Love CBD Balm is available in 10g, 30g and 100g, with the 10g pot costing £13.99, the 30g costing £22.99, and the 100g costing £59.99 – all standard prices for the amounts available with a great size selection for fussy buyers.
- Lab testing. UK food testing company Eurofins tests the Love CBD Balm and you can read the full testing results and certificates for each product on the product page.
Infinity CBD Muscle Salve
Infinity CBD is one of the best producers of CBD muscle relaxants and recovery balms within the UK. Handmade in a carbon-neutral lab in Pembrokeshire, Infinity CBD offers artisanal hand-crafted CBD products. With all CBD users in mind, Infinity CBD hosts a range of CBD cosmetics and foods perfect for any customer.
- Branding. Infinity CBD uses clean-cut black packaging with a gold geometric-style logo, creating an elegant, expensive feel to its branding. The CBD Muscle Salve comes in a blacked out metal tin with a screw-on lid.
- Ingredients. 100% Vegan and filled with natural oils and butter, the CBS Muscle balm will glide smoothly onto the skin. Shea and cocoa butter are combined with almond and coconut oil, creating a sweet-smelling, moisturising skin rub. To increase the rich, sweet scent, camphor, peppermint, and eucalyptus are added to the ingredients. With the final addition of full-spectrum CBD, you’ll be left with a skin-nourishing, muscle replenishing recovery balm.
- Benefits. Infinity CBD Muscle Salve can be used as a moisturiser, post-shave balm, massage salve, and muscle recovery balm. The natural ingredients create a cooling action, perfect for targeting sores and aches accrued from a hard day’s work or a bad night’s sleep. The oils, butter, and vitamins help to revive tired skin and will leave a silky smooth and hydrated feel to your skin.
- CBD content: The balm comes in three different sizes and CBD contents. For medium to strong CBD content, you can choose from the 250g and 500g salves. If you want an extra-strong CBD muscle rub, there’s a 1000g option.
- Value: When considering the price compared to the CBD content, the value is extremely reasonable. The 250g pot costs £19.99, the 500g pot costs £34.99, and the 1000g pot costs £49.99. The only downside to the price point for all three sized balms would be the tub size, as the ml size of the product stays the same, meaning you get a stronger CBD content but the same amount of product.
- Lab testing. Infinity CBD puts all its formulas through rigorous safety assessments and testing to make sure all products have an accurate dosage of CBD. The CBD Muscle Salve has been independently tested in a third party lab for extra peace of mind.
Blessed CBD Balm
Blessed CBD is committed to providing the UK with US standard CBD products without the overly expensive UK price point. Blessed CBD was created back in 2017 with the goal of developing reliable, consistent, high-quality CBD products for the mass market. Offering an extensive range of oils, gummies, capsules, and creams.
- Branding. In a pure white glass jar with an easy to use screw lid, the CBD balm follows the Blessed CBD branding. With the Blessed logo and the blue mountain scenery the brand is known for, the packaging feels fresh and futuristic.
- Ingredients. Blessed CBD Balm is made with proprietary strains derived from licensed, organic hemp plants, grown on all-natural farms – that means zero toxins, pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals. Using full-spectrum oils and cannabinoids, the CBD balm has a high CBD content to offer its users. The balm also includes jojoba oil, shea butter, and sweet almond for a silky-smooth, fast-absorbing topical cream.
- Benefits. Along with all the healthy skin benefits the oil and butter ingredients provide, the CBD content within the balm helps to eliminate discomfort and pain in tired joints and muscles. The balm releases muscle tension by relaxing the muscles in the area the balm is applied, while the lotion sinks into the skin offering some much-needed hydration and moisture for the skin.
- CBD content. The balm contains 750g of CBD along with other phytocannabinoids, a moderate to high CBD content.
- Value. The Blessed CBD Balm is on the pricier side of the CBD balms. Even with a moderate 750g CBD content in a 50ml jar, you’ll have to pay £64.95, which is more expensive than other CBD rubs on this list. Blessed CBD was voted best CBD oil in the UK for 2021 by Express, so it could explain their high pricing.
- Lab testing. All product lab reports can be accessed via the Blessed CBD website. The CBD balm was tested using a third party UK lab company called Phytovista.
CBD is a natural and legal alternative to prescription drugs in the UK. CBD is a natural pain reliever that has been proven to help with anxiety, insomnia, joint pain, and many more health problems. With the popularity of CBD muscle rubs on the rise in the UK, it’s clear that many Brits are turning to this all-natural approach for their muscle pains. If you’re looking for a natural way to relieve yourself of some of those pesky joint and muscle pains, we recommend trying out one (or more) of these CBD products. Why not try a bottle today?
Alicia Saville did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health and well-being.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.