Thanks to the rapid development of technology, we can now do almost everything online, from buying groceries, doing our taxes, and even learning a new language. While most language academies and schools have shut their doors temporarily due to COVID-19, online English learning classes such as the ones offered by No Bad English have been picking up the pieces.
Online learning has become a necessity for many, whether it is to learn a new lesson or pick up a new skill. It opens up opportunities for people who want to enrich themselves but have no time at all from hectic schedules.
Why learn English?
English is a very useful language to learn because there are 1.5 billion speakers worldwide and counting. Because of this, English has become a dominant language used in international communication, particularly on the internet. And now, you too can learn to read, write, and speak in English from the comfort of your own home with English language classes online.
Reasons you should learn English online
- Learn anytime, anywhere. With online learning, you can set up anytime, anywhere you like, as long as there’s internet connection to access your learning materials. You have the ability to create your very own ideal classroom. This means that you can learn at home in your pyjamas, or even at a pretty cafe if that’s where you get the most inspiration.
- Learn with others. It might get lonely being the only student around. Thankfully, with all the different communication tools available these days, you get to interact with teachers and other students online. You can still wear your pyjamas, no one’s judging. If you are someone dealing with social anxiety, virtual interactions take away a big chunk of stress which allows you to participate and learn more effectively with other classmates.
- An abundance of resources. With online learning, you will never run out of things or ways to learn because there’s so much information available right at our fingertips. Depending on what type of material helps you to learn best, you can choose between text material, videos, voice notes, getting a virtual speaking buddy, or why not try out all of these options to accelerate your learning?
- Feel good about yourself. With online learning, your accomplishments are instant. And with all the negativity surrounding us, accomplishments are important to boost positivity and give us motivation. Rather than feeling bad about not making physical language classes, with online learning, you can catch up at the end of every week or whenever you have the time.
- Meet new people from all over the world. Many people are learning English on the internet, and there are platforms where you can connect to practice speaking together. You never know, you might just find a new relationship!
If you have been wanting to learn English online, now’s your chance because there’s an abundance of information and resources available. Plus, you already know five reasons why it is a good decision. All you have to do is take the leap, find a lesson plan that suits you, and start learning.
Tommy Williamson did his degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. He has an ongoing interest in mental health and well-being.
Disclaimer: Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer here.