We’d like to share this call for candidates to the Beatriu de Pinos Programme Grants (BP 2018). The purpose of the Beatriu de Pinós programme is to award up to 60 grants for the incorporation of postdoctoral research staff into the Catalan science and technology system, within the Beatriu de Pinos programme (BP 2018)
For a full description (including rules and the application form) follow this link. The deadline for submissions is 28 February 2018.
Our research group, CareNet, is seeking candidates who are interested in joining our research group at the Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3) in the Open University of Catalonia. The goal of CareNet is to understand the impact of technologies, particularly ICT, on the social and cultural reconfiguration of care and preparedness in the network society. This interest is built upon our interdisciplinary background in Science and Technology Studies (STS), Disability Studies, Digital Sociology and Social Psychology.
Our main current research lines are:
- Technological and social innovations for later life and independent living
- The reconfiguration of care in the context of crisis: concerned and self-help groups, technoscientific activism, mutual support and communities of care
- Urban infrastructures of care: Socio-spatial relations of labour, care and the body
- Disability, gender, and sexuality
- Social studies of emergencies, crisis, and disasters
- Sensing technologies, public awareness, and participation
For more details about the research group and these lines, click here.
If you are interested in submitting a research proposal to this grant and join our group, please send a motivation letter, a CV including list of publications, and a statement on current and future research interests by email to Israel Rodríguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Daniel Lopez Gomez (email@example.com) by 19 February 2018