Reading Time: 2 minutes
, (2020, October 7). Join Anna Kennedy OBE and Her Team as a Young Charity Patron. Psychreg on Special Needs. https://www.psychreg.org/anna-kennedy-young-charity-patron/
Anna Kennedy Online (AKO) is driven by teams of people who care a lot more about getting it done, and the relationships they build as a result. They are also established and passionate about helping society and raising autism awareness and acceptance across the globe by making a difference through our dedication to reaching out and supporting communities.
AKO needs help both to raise its profile and to raise funds. Our patrons play a vital role in connecting people to our charity and represent the Charity in a variety of different ways.
They are passionate to change the perceptions on autism and raising awareness and they cannot do this alone and that is why their incredible patrons are so important and fantastic role models within society.
Their team is a network of volunteers across the world who work to engage people with the work of Anna Kennedy Online. The Patrons help Anna Kennedy Online mission of increasing autism awareness and understanding of the services provided and fundraising support for the charity.
The role of the Patron
AKO is looking for two young Patrons to join us under the age of 18 years old. So how would you connect? There are many ways of getting involved depending on your experience and personal aspirations and could be any of the following:
- Making introductions to your contacts who may support the charity
- Promoting AKO events and services through your social media contacts
- Contacting local groups who may support AKO to arrange talks for them to attend
- Giving your own short talks on behalf of the Charity to a variety of community groups
- Running small fundraising events or initiatives with your family, friends, or colleagues
- Support or run stands at local events
- Attending AKO annual events – young Patrons chosen will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian to any of AKO events
Anna is always interested and welcomes ideas thinking out of the box of different ways of raising awareness and acceptance.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a young Patron please complete the form on the Charity website and describe why you would like to be part of AKO.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.