Personal Social Services: Staff of Social Services Departments, England 2020 covers the 114,100 jobs in local authorities in adult social care services – accounting for approximately 6.9% of the total adult social care workforce in England.
Most of the measures are snapshots as at 30th September 2020. These include:
- The number of local authority adult social care jobs by job role and employer type
- The proportion of jobs with zero-hour contracts, by job role group
- Demographic data of staff such as gender, age, ethnicity, and pay
- The average number of hours per week which are worked by adult social care staff within local authorities
Some measures cover the period from October 2019 to September 2020, including:
- Average number of sick days taken by adult social care staff in local authorities
The report does not include information on staff employed in the independent sector (private and voluntary) or children’s social services departments. This is published separately by the Department for Education.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.