Shamini Sriskandarajah was the 2017 POWES & Feminism and Psychology joint Postgraduate Prize award winner. Her submission was titled, ‘Taking up space: Female experiences of anorexia recovery and psychotherapy training’. In this audio interview, she discusses this submission and her work as a therapist. She can be contacted at email@example.com
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2018 Postgraduate and Undergraduate Awards. Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2018 and see the below image for more information.
The POWES Undergraduate (3,000 words) and POWES/Feminism & Psychology Postgraduate (3,500 words) Student Awards
Current undergraduate and postgraduate students and those who have submitted their dissertation withing the last academic year (2016–2017) are invited to submit for the POWES undergraduate or POWES/Feminism & Psychology Postgraduate Awards.
Submission can include all research from all areas of psychology, and the social sciences. Both articles must be clearly related to the research carried out as part of an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree, and make an original contribution around gender inequalities, and other intersecting inequalities. Individual entries and group submissions are both welcomed, but must not have been published previously. Word counts do no include abstract, title, references, or tables.
Awards include prizes of:
- One year subscription to POWES Review
- One year subscription to Feminism & Psychology
- A complimentary place at the POWES 2018 Conference (11–13 July 2018) and the opportunity to present your paper where the prizes will be awarded (POWES will reimburse your registration and travel expenses within the UK, up to the amount of £350)
- Publication of your submission in the POWES Review (undergraduate prize only) and in
- Feminism & Psychology (postgraduate prize only), subject to normal peer-review process
How to enter
Please submit your article by 30 April 2018 in Word format to Glen Jankowski (email@example.com), using the subject line, ‘POWES or POWES/F&P Prize Submission’. All articles will be reviewed by members of POWES with relevant knowledge and expertise. Please also feel free to email Glen for your queries.
Get involved in POWES
- Check out Feminism & Psychology via this link
- Join POWES at the BPS Section site
- Follow POWES on Twitter
- Join the Facebook group
- Read the POWES Blog
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.