What: 1st Mental Health Bloggers Conference (MHBC 2018)
When: Monday, 17 December 2018, 10am–4pm
Where: Rainham Library, Celtic Farm Road, Rainham, RM13 9GP
Price: 16.76 (inclusive of snack)
No one should have to face a mental health problem alone – and blogs, real stories from real people, can play a part in achieving this.
There are tons of mental health bloggers out there. And undeniably bloggers play a crucial role in increasing the awareness that surround mental health issues. Educating the public on mental health and battling the stigma of mental illness is a massive mission. That’s why the world needs dedicated mental health bloggers.
However, to date, there is a scarcity of events specifically aimed for mental health bloggers. An event dedicated to mental health bloggers will not only be a much-needed networking opportunity for bloggers within this niche, but will also further raise issues about our advocacy.
In line with this, Psychreg and GetPsyched are jointly hosting the 1st Mental Health Bloggers Conference (MHBC 2018) to be held at Rainham Library on 17 December 2018.
This one-day event will be a platform in sharing mental health stories as way to spread knowledge and perspective about mental health, with the ultimate aim of increasing understanding around mental health and breaking down stereotypes.
MHBC 2018 will be the third event to be hosted by Psychreg for this year. More recently, Psychreg hosted the following events:
- 2nd International Conference on Innovation in Psychology, Education and Didactics (ICIPED 2018), held at Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau (Romania) on 20th–22nd September 2018
- 1st International Conference on Psychology, Counselling, and Education (ICPCE 2018), held at New Era University (Philippines) on 2nd–4th August 2018
GetPsyched, the co-organiser of the event, is a mental health platform which aims to develop and communicate content in psychology that people can utilise in their own lives for their own well-being.
A number of inspiring speakers have been invited to the event:
- Fraser Smith, Creator of GetPsyched (UK)
- Mandy Sanghera, International Human Rights Activist (UK)
- Phil Pearl, Owner of Mental Toughness Life Consultancy (UK)
- Max Guttman, Owner of Recovery Now (US)
There will also be a livestreaming of Psychreg Podcast by:
- Dr Berney Wilkinson, PAC Florida (US)
- Dr Richard Marshall